27 th Mathematics Training and Talent Search Programme will take place at three venues during May-June 2019.
There are three levels in this Programme: Level O, Level I and Level II.
- Level O : There will be courses in Foundations, Linear Algebra, Analysis, and Number Theory/Combinatorics.
- Levels I and II : There will be courses in Algebra, Analysis, Topology and Linear Algebra.
Student seminars and group discussions in all the three levels form an integral part of this programme.
The faculty for this programme will be active mathematicians with a commitment to teaching and from various leading institutions of the country. The aim of the instructions is not to give routine lectures and presentation of theorem-proofs but to stimulate the participants to think and discover mathematical results on their own.
- Level O: Third/fourth semester undergraduate students with mathematics as one of the main/major subjects.
- Level I: Fifth/sixth semester undergraduate students with mathematics as one of the main/major subjects.
- Level II: First/second semester postgraduate students with mathematics as one of the main/major subjects.
- Applications should be prepared online and the printout of the application form and recommendation form signed by a teacher knowing the students should be posted (preferably by speed post) at the
Dr. Ajit Kumar
Department of Mathematics, Institute of Chemical Technology
Nathalal Parekh Road, Matunga (E), Mumbai 400 019.
(Ph 022 3361 2681 (off.) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Read the procedure given at http://mtts.org.in/training-programmes/student-applications-procedure/
- Please see the link given below (on or after January 1st 2019) to start preparing the application form online.
- Selected students should confirm their participation online.
- While the students report at the programme venue, they should bring a bonafide certificate from their institute and undertaking form in the format available at the page http://mtts.org.in/downloads
- The selection list will be available at this page.
- Candidates selected for the programme will be paid sleeper class return train fare by the shortest route and will be provided free board and lodging for the duration of the course.
Important information for the selected students (irrespective of their centres)
- A selection letter will be emailed to the selected participants by 10th March 2019. We will not be sending any hard copy (by post) of the letter of selection to the selected candidates. Please check your email inbox for our mail. Note that, we will be senting the email to the addresses entered by the candidates in the online application portal.
If a selected candidate decides to participate in the programme, the candidate must accept the selection and confirm his/her partcipation online at the MTTS applications site. The link to this confirmation page will appear in this site only in the last week of March 2019. This confirmation process will be open from 01 April 2019 to 14 April 2019 11:00 PM. During this period, the applicant should login to the applications site using the same email idhe/she used for submitting the online applicatin for MTTS 2019 previously and accept/confirm his/her participation. After receiving the candidate’s acceptance/confirmation online, the local coordinator will email the candidate a confirmation letter confirming his/her participation. This should reach the candidate as an email towards the end of April 2019.
- To confirm, please visit the Application Portal Link given below. Detailed instructions on the confirmation process is available at this page.
- The selected candidates would be able to download their selection letter and undertaking form once they login to the MTTS applications site from 15 March 2019 onwards. The selection letter would give necessary guidelines for the applicant.
- Selected candidates should bring with him/her the following documents at the time of registration at the venue of the programme to which they have been selected:
- A certificate from the candidate’s present institute/college about the candidate’s present course of study with his/her photograph affixed and attested by the candidate’s institute/college authority.
- The signed undertaking form (signed by both the guardian and the candidate)
- The selection letter AND the letter from the local coordinator confirming his/her participation.
- A photocopy of the train/bus tickets or the used tickets as they are required for reimbursement.
- In case the candidate decides to accept the selection, he/she is advised to book his/her train tickets in advance without waiting for the confirmation process to open or letter from local co-ordinator to reach.
- Important Notes:
- Bring the undertaking form signed by the candidate and his parent, and a bonafide certificate from the institute to the camp at the time of registration.
- In case a candidate fails to bring any one of the above documents, he/she may not be allowed to attend the programme.
- Change of Centre is not permitted.
- We are aware that some of the selected students have a very genuine problem, namely the clash of dates of examinations with that of our camps. Students with this problem fail to participate, since they are not allowed to join after the second day of the programme. To avoid vacancies created by such incidents, we offer admission to 50-60 applicants though our sanctioned strength is 35 per level. Our overbooking takes care of the vacancies arising out of this problem. Note that there are about 6000+ autonomous institutions such as universities, colleges and institutes in our country. It would be impossible to find even a single day which will be convenient to students of all these institutions. To mitigate such issues, we have floated the concept of Mini MTTS whose major intake will be students of a region.
- You are requested to read the letter at this link from the Programme Director at this page to get an understanding of the efforts we make for continuing the programme run without disruption. You are requested to write to us ONLY after carefully going through that letter, in case you need some help/clarification/or have some request.
- Center specific instructions will be emailed to the participants after 15th April 2019. Please visit this page regularly for updates.