27 th Mathematics Training and Talent Search Programme will take place at three venues during May-June 2019.
There are three levels in this Programme: Level O, Level I and Level II.
- Level O : There will be courses in Foundations, Linear Algebra, Analysis, and Number Theory/Combinatorics.
- Levels I and II : There will be courses in Algebra, Analysis, Topology and Linear Algebra.
Student seminars and group discussions in all the three levels form an integral part of this programme.
The faculty for this programme will be active mathematicians with a commitment to teaching and from various leading institutions of the country. The aim of the instructions is not to give routine lectures and presentation of theorem-proofs but to stimulate the participants to think and discover mathematical results on their own.
- Level O: Third/fourth semester undergraduate students with mathematics as one of the main/major subjects.
- Level I: Fifth/sixth semester undergraduate students with mathematics as one of the main/major subjects.
- Level II: First/second semester postgraduate students with mathematics as one of the main/major subjects.
- Applications should be prepared online and the printout of the application form and recommendation form signed by a teacher knowing the students should be posted (preferably by speed post) at the
Dr. Ajit Kumar
Department of Mathematics, Institute of Chemical Technology
Nathalal Parekh Road, Matunga (E), Mumbai 400 019.
(Ph 022 3361 2681 (off.) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Read the procedure given at http://mtts.org.in/training-programmes/student-applications-procedure/
- Please see the link given below (on or after January 1st 2019) to start preparing the application form online.
- Selected students should confirm their participation online.
- While the students report at the programme venue, they should bring a bonafide certificate from their institute and undertaking form in the format available at the page http://mtts.org.in/downloads
- The selection list will be available at this page.
- Candidates selected for the programme will be paid sleeper class return train fare by the shortest route and will be provided free board and lodging for the duration of the course.