A one week long workshop for the third/fourth/fifth Fifth Semester undergraduate (B.Sc/Integrated M.Sc.) Mathematics students will be organized at the Milae-E-Sherief College, Kayamkulam, Alappuzha, Kerala during 19-24 December 2018 (revised dates). Most of the participants will be selected from students studying in institutes in Kerala. A few students from the other South Indian states Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana also will be considered.
The aim of this programme is to promote mathematical thinking and expose young minds to the excitement of doing mathematics. The lectures will be focussed on stimulating the participants to think and discover basic mathematical results in their own.
Who should apply?
Third/Fourth/Fifth Semester undergraduate (B.Sc/Integrated M.Sc.) Mathematics students shall apply. Most of the participants will be selected from students studying in institutes in Kerala. A few students from the other South Indian states Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana also will be considered.
The selection will be purely based on merit, consistently good academic record and the recommendation letter from a mathematics teacher closely acquainted with the candidate.
- Applications should be prepared online and the printout of the application form and recommendation form signed by a teacher knowing the students should be posted (preferably by speed post) to the local co-ordinator.
- Read the procedure given at http://mtts.org.in/training-programmes/student-applications-procedure/
- Please see the link given below to start preparing the application form online.
- In case any difficulty in preparing the application online, one may use the offline application form available at http://mtts.org.in/downloads/forms-and-formats-for-students/
- Selected students should confirm their participation through email.
- While the students report at the programme venue, they should bring a bonafide certificate from their institute and undertaking form in the format available at the page http://mtts.org.in/downloads
- The selection list will be available at this page.
- Candidates selected for the programme WILL NOT be provided any traveling charges. But they WILL BE provided free board and lodging (in the college hostel) for the duration of the course.
Instructions for selected applicants
An email has been sent to the selected applicants with instructions about sending confirmation to us. The confirmation should reach us by the last date mentioned below. Also
- The confirmed students will get detailed instructions by email on or before 30th of November 2018.
- Outstation participants may reach the venue MSM College Kayamkulam, Alappuzha (Dt) in the evening of 18th December 2018 or latest by 8:30 AM on 19th December 2018. They may plan their return journey after 4PM on 24th December 2018. In case there is some problem with train/ bus timing, the participants would be permitted latest till 10AM on 25th to stay in the hostels.
- The schedule of the programme every day will be from 9 AM to 4:30 PM with short breaks in between for tea/snacks/lunch.
- NO TA/DA will be provided to the participants. However, food and accommodation will be provided to the outstation participants. For local participants, only lunch and tea/snacks will be provided.
- Students who do not turn up before 10AM on 19th December would not be permitted to join the programme
- . The training would be intense requiring full devotion from the students. 100% attendance is compulsory for the programme.
- Only those students who attend the programme for the full duration will get certificates.
- They should bring
- a bonafide certificate (with photograph) from their institution. Format of this certificate is available at this page.
- copy of an identity card of one of their parents.
- undertaking form signed by parent
- copy of the selection letter (which they will receive by email)
- anything else they may require for one week stay in a college hostel (especially bedsheets, moquito repellent, any medicines the students might be taking regularly etc)
Any additional instructions will be posted at this space. Please keep visiting this page.